Wednesday, December 24, 2008

The clock has not started ticking on Santa yet

So, based on all the movies, television shows and my random memory, I thought my son would be born knowing about and loving Santa. Well, it's not true. He knows who Santa is now because of all the books we've read featuring the hefty man and his reindeer, but is he that excited about Santa at 23 months? Not really. Photos with Santa - not so happy. So this entire week I've tried to prep him for Santa's arrival - I've even told him about all the toys he's going to get, but still he's not that excited. I mean, he gets excited when he sees I am excited, but I don't think it's fully registered yet that he is about to rack in...that all 20 gifts under the tree are for him from relatives, friends, neighbors, etc.

We'll see how he reacts tomorrow morning, but for now I'll assume that he won't get it and that means I have a long time before he finds out that Santa isn't real. There is something sweet about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment